[AZ-Observing] Re: az-observing Digest V7 #251

  • From: "Loucks, Scott" <LoucksScott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:38:43 -0500

Dan,

Yes, I'm wondering what the time interval was between placing and
aligning the plates and actually blinking the images. Must have been
time consuming and I've heard that handling the glass plates meant often
breaking them - Bummer!
=20
For comparison, some amateur grade software can load, calibrate, reduce
and blink the frames in just a few minutes. Moreover, automatic
detection routines can even pick out the movers in the frames. Makes you
truly appreciate the effort this task once was and those who did it..=20

-Scott

=20