[AZ-Observing] Re: Wind Changes?

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:12:46 -0700

Stan,

What you're looking for is the "wind rose" for Prescott, which I was unable
to locate.  If you're not familiar with wind roses, see here:

http://home.pes.com/windroses/

There is some tabular data for your area at this link:

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/htmlfiles/westwinddir.html

From what I've read, global warming will most likely change the amplitude of
the oscillations in the jet stream.  That would change the prevailing winds
from more westerly to more northerly in this area.  Not sure if we'd be
noticing that already though.

Dan