[AZ-Observing] Re: Willard Springs

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:55:10 -0700

Brian, yes we were on Mars Hill just past the white gate and off to the
side.  I remember Padraig and Brent speaking about other possible
locations; the marina at Lake Mary was not only closed but locked -
according the the Forest Ranger.  I believe they spoke about the Naval
Observatory but were skeptical about asking.  The main requirement for Ken
and I was a cool observing site and Mars Hill seemed the best at that time
- which was about sunset.

aj

Brian Skiff wrote:

> >> in the back of the Lowell Observatory [g]rounds!  ....
>
>      Do you mean on Mars Hill, right above downtown Flastaff?
>
> >> Nope, didn't see \Brian, figured he was working...
>
>      Yes, I was observing at LONEOS on Anderson Mesa, not in town.
>
> \Brian
>
> This is a discussion list.  Please send personal inquiries directly to
> the message author.  In other words, do not use "reply" for personal
> messages.  Thanks.

messages.  Thanks.