[AZ-Observing] Re: Where to go?

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 13:40:21 -0700

Since this weekend appears it will be a bad one for observing, I _must_  =
:-)  point out that last Saturday was great at my place near Prescott, wh=
ich, as you may know is only 15 miles west of the Cherry Rd site. The sky=
 seemed to have cleared up when it got dark although there undoubtedly we=
re some of the thin clouds that were seen in the afternoon. One person wh=
o left at 10:30 commented the sky had cleared up by that time, but as I p=
osted in SAC-Form: "The sky was fantastic from about midnight, I would gu=
ess, until I went to bed at 3:30. The double double in Lyra was nicely sp=
lit, the transparency greatly increased, the skies got very noticeably be=
tter, and around 2:30 when I decided to take a peak at Jupiter I as astou=
nded. It was nice and crisp and full of detail. It was a great night, lat=
er on [i.e., from at least midnight (maybe even 10:30) to 3:30 at which t=
ime everyone, I believe, quit for the night], in my opinion."

Last Saturday was the night!=20
Stan