[AZ-Observing] Re: When it's Cloudy

  • From: "Bill VanOrden" <beevo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:38:09 -0700

Well Stan, you cured me of ever wanting to eat bell peppers, which I didn't
eat before I read your message...

:<)

I find the hobby of landscape photography dovetails nicely with astronomy.
It gives you something to do during the day when you are waiting for the sun
to set.  You can do it when it is cloudy, so that long planned trip to
somewhere dark is not a total loss because it was cloudy for 3 days.

I generally consider myself camping when I go out for those multi days
adventures and just happen to bring a boat load of telescopes and optics
with me.

I generally have a good time no matter what I do.

As far as other hobbies, I am right now on a break from my current project
in the garage machine shop, converting yet another Meade SCT to a computer
based stepper drive.  I have a long list of things to make, telescope and
otherwise, so there is no shortage of activities.  Now that the weather has
cooled somewhat I can run the shop AC and submerge for the afternoon.

BTW, we need to get together and look over your servo system sometime.....

Beevo (aka Bill VanOrden)