[AZ-Observing] Re: What a weekend!!!

  • From: "Matt Luttinen" <mluttinen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:47:34 -0700

Brian,

It is good to hear that forest closures are rare. I guess I am thinking =
of
the summer of Rodeo/Chedeski and hope that something like that doesn't
happen to the Happy Jack area (or to any forest).

BTW, some of us went on a hike up Buck Butte and saw direct evidence of =
fire on the hillside. Do you have any idea/memory of a fire in that =
spot? It
is really hard to tell how old the burn was, but there was scorched =
deadwood
everywhere (and lots of not-so-new growth).

Here's hoping for a monsoon break in mid-July.

Matt