[AZ-Observing] Re: What Would You Have Shot?

  • From: Gene A Lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 21:09:50 -0700

I recall seeing some color 35mm slides shot by Dick Buchroeder, the
optical designer, with the Bok 90 inch many years ago.
A moonlight night, hold a 35mm camera up to the eyepiece, and bang
away!  The image of Saturn filled the frame!

BTW, the Bok 90 inch was designed for use visually, with eyepieces.  Dr.
George Van Biesbroeck, the noted double star observer, retired to
Tucson, and frequently used the 90 inch to continue his double star
measures.  I understand he observed with the 90 inch on his 90th birthday!

Gene Lucas
(17250)