[AZ-Observing] Re: Welding

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:11:53 -0700

Thanks, JD. It appears a #3 or #4 is acceptable for gas welding and it
appears cataracts are a problem with arc welding, but non-existent with
gas welding. I wonder if staring at a CRT (as opposed to LCD) computer
screen all day could over time cause minor formations of cataracts over,
say, decades of time. If so, would just wearing non-UV protected
prescription glasses stop it? Do you or your wife Karen know of any data
on this? Probably none exists since I am sure this would have been an
issue years ago and I have never heard of it.
Stan