[AZ-Observing] Re: Weather Thursday

  • From: "Joe" <K7jrg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:06:55 -0700

Dick

                I will be there on Thursday about 1600.

                                          Joe
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 7:10 AM
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Weather Thursday

I will not be going to the AAMM this year because a friend is driving out
from Kansas City with his new 22-inch dob and wants to test it out under our
dark Arizona skies and prefers a less hectic agenda than a Messier Marathon.
He and I will be at the Antennas site Wednesday night through Sunday
morning.

I just checked the weather for the week (I know, that's risky in Arizona
more than 30 minutes in advance), but the forecast for Thursday is not
promising-at the Antennas, we'll have gusts in the daytime to 33 kts and
breezes all night of 20 kts. We'll probably just hunker down at the Antennas
site and ride it out, scopes stored and mounts secured to the ground.  If
you are going to Farnsworth Ranch, you might experience similar winds
there-I don't know as I did not check the forecast for the area.

Just a heads up for anyone going out early. We don't want another Jimmy Ray
Day, do we!

Dick Harshaw
Cave Creek, AZ

"A scientist will never show any kindness for a theory which he did not
start himself."

                      -- Mark Twain, 1835-1910
(Note:  Twain was born during the appearance of Halley's Comet in 1835, and
died when it reappeared in 1910)

06:52:00