[AZ-Observing] Re: Weather Could Be Worse

  • From: "Keith Schlottman" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:22:25 -0700

Brian was right, by Wednesday night it was incredibly foggy and wet at TSP.
We gave up and came home on Thursday morning.
I couldn't believe how many people left their gear out on the field despite
the soggy air and rain.  Numerous mounts sitting in puddles, scope coats
that sure looked to me like they were soaked through, warping wooden tables,
etc.  Maybe I'm just spoiled by the normally dry air here in AZ but I get
worried about equipment damage when it's that wet.

Keith Schlottman