[AZ-Observing] Re: Was Saturday Great or What???

  • From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 16:10:33 -0700 (MST)

Brian-
The 20Da has 6.4 micron pixels, so my math (better check it!) says that
with a 24mm lens, resolution should be 56 arcseconds, about what you said
the image demonstrated...  I do not know how jpeg compression works,
though you can see artifacts in Keith's full-scale image.  Normally ar
full resolution, with lots of structure, my jpegs can be 2-3 mbytes,
though admittedly I rarely shoot wide field images, so don't know if we
are losing anything.  Certainly with smaller files, don't you lose
resolution and magnitude information?

-Dean