[AZ-Observing] Re: Was Cherry Rd; Now Eagle Eye

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:32:13 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/2003 11:45:37 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Looks like I've been had!  Got a call from David and he reported a cloud
> build up to the north around Cherry Rd and elsewhere.  Checked the satellite
> images and yup there the were - clouds building up.  This now puts a big
> dent
> in Cherry Rd plans.
> So, here is plan B!  Forget Cherry Rd and go to Eagle Eye Rd.  To get there
> take I-10 west from Phoenix to exit 81, Salome Rd. Go 10 miles, west, on
> Salome Rd to Eagle Eye Rd and turn right.  Proceed another 8.3 miles to
> Harquahala Mt. Road and turn left.  The site about about 0.1 more miles down
> this dirt road.

        This stuff is going to burn off it won't self generate!  Go to this
site for a clearer picture of what is happening.

         <A
HREF="http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellite/";>http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellite/</A>

        <A
HREF="http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellite/displaySat.php?region=LAS&isingle=mult_big&itype=vis";>http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellite/displaySat.php?region=LAS&;
isingle=mult_big&itype=vis</A>

         The moisture is all to the east of us. I really think once the sun
goes down the clouds will just evaporate

         Clear Skies
         Dwight L Bogan