[AZ-Observing] Was Cherry Rd; Now Eagle Eye

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:51:30 -0700

Looks like I've been had!  Got a call from David and he reported a cloud
build up to the north around Cherry Rd and elsewhere.  Checked the satellite
images and yup there the were - clouds building up.  This now puts a big dent
in Cherry Rd plans.
So, here is plan B!  Forget Cherry Rd and go to Eagle Eye Rd.  To get there
take I-10 west from Phoenix to exit 81, Salome Rd. Go 10 miles, west, on
Salome Rd to Eagle Eye Rd and turn right.  Proceed another 8.3 miles to
Harquahala Mt. Road and turn left.  The site about about 0.1 more miles down
this dirt road.

We plan on leaving my house about 5:00pm.  Any and all desiring to join in
are most welcome.

Here's the "official" Salome and Quartzsite report for today and tonight.
TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS 104 TO 109. SOUTHEAST WIND 5 TO 15 MPH
IN THE MORNING...BECOMING SOUTHWEST IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING THEN CLEARING. LOWS IN THE
UPPER 60S TO UPPER 70S. SOUTHWEST WIND 5 TO 10 MPH IN THE
EVENING...BECOMING SOUTHEAST 5 TO 15 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Better to follow their reports than mine.

See ya' there and clear skies,
aj