[AZ-Observing] Very Good Seeing and Another Saturn Image

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:33:32 -0500

I got up again at 4:00 to do a seeing check, hoping the result would be a
return to bed.  But no, there was only a bit of image motion at 300x.  I came
away with a much better image of Saturn than yesterday's.  Notice that Titan
has moved to the east of the planet.

http://www.pbase.com/polakis/image/107625869

Still need to mess with the color balance, or are the edge-on rings really that
red compared to the disk?

Tom