[AZ-Observing] Re: Venus and Jupiter

  • From: Joe Orman <joe.orman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:36:17 -0700 (PDT)

I had a fine clear view of Spica, Jupiter and Venus last night (Sunday).

This web site has sky maps through September 6 -- on that evening the crescent
moon joins the scene:
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/26aug_sunset.htm

--Joe Orman

Andrew Cooper  wrote:

Have you been watching Venus and Jupiter in the evening sky? I love the
dance of these two "evening stars". They will be closest together on
the 1st of September, only 1.25 degrees apart. Another chance to get
two planets in the eyepiece field at the same time. Venus will be a
little under 15' in diameter while Jupiter will be about twice that.

Andrew