[AZ-Observing] Re: Venus, Jupiter, and Mercury in Twilight

  • From: Jim Warthman <jwarthmanlists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 23:52:47 -0700

I decided to view/photograph the conjunction from South Mountain and, despite
the clouds and haze, the view was pretty good. I believe that Zeta Tauri
(magnitude 3.0) is visible near the upper left corner of the frame. But what
might the dim object be near Jupiter, at about 11:00? Could this be Ganymede??

This  hasn't been processed much, and will benefit from a bit of careful work
-- but your comments are most appreciated!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/644112/Blogs/_MG_6749%20-%20Version%202.jpg

Enjoy!

Jim