[AZ-Observing] Re: Venus, Jupiter, and Mercury in Twilight

  • From: "Lucia Wheele" <nyclady@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 14:02:52 -0700

please remove me from your email list

nyclady@xxxxxxx

Lucia Wheele
luciawheele@xxxxxxxxx
602-686-0463
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Warthman
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:57 PM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: Venus, Jupiter, and Mercury in Twilight

Hi David,
Thanks so much for your kind comments! Actually, the version you saw was
pretty noisy and had a nasty color cast. I spent some time today trying to
clean it up, and you can see the results on Google+ or on my Dropbox. Here
are the links:

     https://plus.google.com/u/0/112961726029592953039/posts/KvoPv5ARVib

     https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/644112/Blogs/_MG_6749-G%2B.jpg

Here's what I wrote on Google+:

"A rare conjunction of planets as seen from Phoenix, Arizona, with the White
Tank Mountains in the foreground. Forming a triangle are Jupiter (upper
left), Mercury (upper right), and Venus (bottom center).

In addition to the planets, a few other objects can be seen if you view full
screen. Near the upper left corner is the star Zeta Tauri. Below Jupiter and
to its left is a double star o Tauri, and very near Jupiter at the 10:00
position are three of Jupiter's moons: Callisto, Ganymede, and Europa."

Comments criticisms, and corrections are always welcome!

Also, I plan to try another shot tonight, and hopefully we won't have so
much haze as last night. I may go to a different location though.

Thanks,

Jim