[AZ-Observing] Vekol Last Sunday Night

  • From: "Jon Christensen" <jonc97@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:25:34 -0700

Sunday night 3 of us ventured to the Vekol road observing site and were treated
to a fantastic night.  I expected to be alone and found two other people there.
 I was treated to spectacular views of Jupiter through Mike Mellow's new 12
inch Starmaster, which was quite an impressive scope.  At about 11:00 the
seeing was so good I could easily see details in the GRS and the equatorial
zones, which I have never seen before visually.  Also had nice views of several
galaxies in Ursa Major through his scope.  Very steady, sharp and crisp view of
Saturn as well.   It was a great night.  There have been all to few of those
this year.
Regards,

Jon Christensen