[AZ-Observing] Re: Vekol Fun

  • From: "Tejera, Rick" <rtejera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:52:02 -0500

Actually, Brisbane is in Queens land.
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: AJ Crayon [mailto:acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 9:01 PM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: Vekol Fun

Just to fill in a blank, Jim Barclay supplied part for the both sides.
He is an astronomer living in Brisbane, New South Wales (I believe) and
supplied observations from down under.

He became a pen pal (this was before the internet - way before) of Steve
Coe and myself - independent of each other.  That is neither Steve nor
myself knew about each other becoming his pen pal.  We discovered this
when both of us received a letter from Jim asking each of us about the
other.  Barclay wanted to know how far apart we lived - at that time
about five miles.  Were we members of the same astronomy club (SAC).

No doubt a pleasant surprise for Steve and I.

More clear skies to all,
aj