[AZ-Observing] Vandenberg launch a no-show

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 02:28:47 -0700

No sign of the Vandenberg launch tonite.  I drove over to the Fish Point
overlook on Shea Blvd. SW of Fountain Hills.  There is a low point on
the horizon in the McDowells just under where Venus and the Moon were
setting into a low cloud bank.  I watched from 8:25 until about 9:00 pm,
but no launch plume, it was evidently scrubbed for some reason.
However, there was a 4-hour launch window....
I checked Brian Webb's pages, but no current update.  www.spacearchive.info

Gene Lucas
(17250)