[AZ-Observing] Re: Vandenberg launch?

  • From: Richard Tejera <Saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 07:38:25 -0700

More info. A friend of mine lives in Or city, which is 10 miles from VDB. He
conformed it was a test launch from the USS Kentucky.
Rick Tejera K7TEJ
Saguaro Astronomy Club
www.SaguaroAstro.org
Thunderbird Amateur Radio Club
www.w7tbc.org

On November 7, 2015, at 20:55, Jimmy Ray <Jimmy_Ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Saw it as the 1st stage plume was coming above the horizon all the way
through either third stage ignition and burn (most likely) or thought some
form of SRB sep through upper stage burns. As you stated, I have never seen
a staging plume expand so big, bright or fast. Was unreal and covered a very
large portion of the western sky. Was able to shoot some cell phone video
from just after second stage ignition.

Jimmy