[AZ-Observing] Re: Vandenberg Rocket Launch

  • From: "Jon Christensen" <jonc97@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:53:41 -0700

Rick

Great pictures!  I took a bunch of pictures with my 35mm film camera and
300mm F2.8 lense but I think I 'blew' them all with exposures that were too
short (1/8 sec) and too big a lense.  I will find out tomorrow after I take
the film to Osco.

I suppose it bears (very little) resemblence to a meteor I saw at about 3:00
a.m. the night of the 11th at Vekol through binoculars.  I just happened to
be looking at the belt of Orion when I saw this meteor streak through the
FOV.  Its trail glowed green for several seconds and I watched the smoke
cloud drift slowly northward for about 10 minutes.  Spectacular.

Jon Christensen