[AZ-Observing] Update on My Lurie-Houghton Telescope

  • From: Rick Scott <rmscott@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ATM Mail List <atm@xxxxxxxxx>,AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Spooner, Mike" <spooner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:54:25 -0700

Mike Spooner has done the final polishing on the corrector lenses and
the scope performs extremely well now. He has removed the last of the
astigmatism which has allowed me to star test at 865X and have solid
airy disks and good first diffraction rings.

I've updated the article on my web site that describes the process of
testing and using the scope while trying to remove the astigmatism. You
can find it at the following link:

http://members.home.net/rmscott/lh_scope/lh_scope_in_use/lh_scope_in_use.html

Now that I'm enjoying the final performance results that this design is
capable of, I highly recommend the Lurie-Houghton design to anyone
willing to tackle this optical configuration.

Read and enjoy,

Rick Scott
rmscott@xxxxxxxx
http://members.home.net/rmscott