[AZ-Observing] Re: Upcoming Transit of Venus 6 June 2012

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 09:59:22 -0700

I'll be setting up right here at my home in New River. Using an H-alpha
filter on my Takahashi FS-128. Rather than video, since I don't yet have
a good CCD imager, I'll use my Canon DSL with a time lapse unit. Haven't
decided yet what the time lapse interview will be. Hoping to get better
results than I did for the 2006 Mercury transit, where I had serious
registration problems requiring manual alignment of each frame. Even
with that, my results were marginal at best. See:
http://www.dfacaz.org/astrophotos/2006MercuryTransit-Heim.html
Dan