[AZ-Observing] UT correction?

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 16:06:57 -0700

I'm pretty sure I have this correct, but would appreciate verification.
When I convert UT to local time for a brief astronomical event, say a
transit or occultation, instead of using the standard UT+7 for MST,
should I be using the longitude of Phoenix (say 112°) divided by 15° =
+7 hours 28 minutes instead of just +7? I guess what this comes down to
is whether the east edge of MST is UT+7 or the middle of the time zone
is used to set the time. Was unable to find the answer to that online.
Thanks.
Dan Heim