[AZ-Observing] Re: USB Hub

  • From: "Brad Geisler" <bradley154@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 15:55:35 -0700

Albert,
The 110 volt converter that comes with most hubs puts out a specified DC
voltage for the USB hub to run. 5 volts DC, I think
I was able to find a selection of cig lighter plugs adapters to match the
input voltage of the hub I bought. Several are variable DC voltage output
The tip size of the power input to the hub is the hardest part to match up.

Radio Shack has variable voltage output cig corded systems with multiple
power tips to choose from. You can buy just the tip you need by taking the
USB hub with you, or buy them both at R Shack so you have everything
in your hand and know it will work.

Just find the input voltage for the hub, select a cig plug voltage adapter
and make sure you get the proper sized input tip.  I ended up buying both at
R S for convenience.
It was very hard to find input power tip sizes on the internet.

Of course, I don't use it anymore since the new laptop has more USB ports.

Brad