[AZ-Observing] UPDATE: Need Advice on Losmandy Polar Alignment

  • From: <jwaters125@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 23:46:57 -0400

I want to thank everybody on the input.  After looking at the problem I
found that the reticle was misaligned about 1/4 FOV off center.  I also
found that the polar scope axis was different that the RA axis.  After an
hour of adjusting I centered the reticle.  I then wrapped the polar scope
with clear heavy duty packing tape to help center the polar scope in the
RA shaft.  I also wrapped Teflon tape around the  Diopter eyepiece
threads so it would shift when touched.

All of this helped.

Jim
EVAC