[AZ-Observing] Re: Tuttle & M33

  • From: Joe Orman <joe.orman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:31:30 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the images, Dean.  Your wide-angle shot really shows well the
relative positions of the comets and galaxies.  In that photo, Tuttle is in
quite a different position compared to when I looked at it just the night
before -- this comet is really on the move!  Also striking is the color
difference between the comet and galaxy, which wasn't apparent through my
binoculars.

  The spaceweather.com gallery also has a bunch of images:
  http://spaceweather.com/comets/gallery_tuttle_page4.htm

  --Joe Orman

ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  Hi All-
Don't know if anyone else had a chance to image last night, but will throw
in my efforts... Haven't had a chance to work on flat fielding, but here
is a 2 minute exposure of comet plus M33 with the C-14 + Hyperstar + Canon
20Da (660mm @ F/1.9):

http://alice.as.arizona.edu/~ketelsen/Tutle_M33_30DecSM.jpg

Also, with all these bright things in the sky, here is a shot with a 35mm
lens @ F/4 for 3 minutes (had to work to fit them all in, north is towards
the lower right). You got your Tuttle plus M-33, Andromeda Galaxy, Comet
Holmes plus the Double Cluster taking up the 4 corners of the shot:

http://alice.as.arizona.edu/~ketelsen/Tuttle_et_al.jpg

-Dean