[AZ-Observing] Re: Tucson Observing Sites

  • From: Brian Skiff <bas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:31:42 -0700 (MST)

     I was there only once in May, so can't speak about seasonal variations.
By "cold air", I don't mean in an absolute sense, but in a relative way.
As long as the night is clear and there is no synoptic weather to make it
breezy (say an approaching trough kicking up a SW breeze), I would expect
the effect would not have a strong seasonal component.  If the weather is
clear and stable, you're gonna get that katabatic flow every night.

\Brian