[AZ-Observing] Re: Tucson Observing Sites

  • From: SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:32:17 EST

Andrew,

You've done a good job with this. One correctoion and one suggestion though.
On the listing for Arizona City, yu mention that SAC arranges both organized
events there. We actually only arrange the Messier Marathon. The All Arizona
Star PArty is arranged by EVAC.

Also I'd like to see geographical coordinates and elevations listed for the
sites. Those of us with GPS recievers can make use of this to find the site
and acurately set up computer controlled scopes.

On another related topic, I seem to recall Wil was thinking of amassing and
releasing a list of GPS coordinates forn AZ observing sites. Wil, have you
made any progress on this?

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews
Saguro Astronomy Club