[AZ-Observing] Re: Tucson Observing Sites

  • From: Wil Milan <wmilan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 09:06:37 -0700

[I'm posting this message YET AGAIN because apparently when it was posted
before it was rejected by the "quoting more than X lines" rule we have on
this list. Frankly I think that's a very stupid rule, but I don't run the
list. Flame at me in private if you disagree, but I think it's a bit silly
for me to have to police everyone else's previous thread messages before I
can post a reply. ]

The list of GPS coordinates of AZ observing sites is on my web site. See

http://www.astrophotographer.com/AZ_observing_sites_GPS_coordinates.pdf

This list has been compiled from data that has been sent to me over time by
a number of people. I have not verified any of the data or the locations
and would appreciate any corrections or additions.

--------

One note: As I mentioned a few months ago, it's important when submitting
GPS coordinates to identify the datum reference used. The most common is
WGS84, and I suggest if you have a GPS unit that you set it to use the
WGS84 datum. (Consult the user manual to learn more about datum references
and how to select them in your GPS.) If the term "datum reference" is alien
to you, see

http://www.esri.com/news/arcuser/0401/datum.html
http://www.connect.net/jbanta/FAQ.html

Wil Milan
http://www.astrophotographer.com/
"The heavens declare the glory of God
And the firmament proclaims His handiwork."
   -- Psalm 19:1