[AZ-Observing] Re: Tucson Observing Sites

  • From: "Bobe at ngcic.org" <bobe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:28:38 -0700

I've been there a number of times during the course of  the last two years,
and I'd have to say that there are times that the seeing is indeed poor (as
Brian describes), but most of the time I've been there the seeing was better
than average for most of the desert sites we go to, and sometimes its
absolutely exquisite.  I had an evening where NGC 40 could be viewed at
greater than 500X.  In all cases that I've been there, the Milky Way was
easily horizon-to-horizon, and on several occasions M13 was an easy naked
eye object.  I really can't say that about any other site other than Camp
613 up on the rim.......besides, the accomodations at Sun Glow beat the heck
out of those at Camp 613 :-)

/Bob