[AZ-Observing] Re: Triple Shadow Transit Tonight

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:29:13 -0700

Bill, et al;

Very good description.  About twice I got a moment of good seeing that
allowed either myself of Lynn Blackwood to see Io as a notch in the
equatorial belt, but only a glimpse.  However, it was a fascinating evening
at 200X in the Nexstar 11 from my backyard at 7th Street and Thunderbird.
Even early in the evening when Jupiter was surrounded by satellites.  I
don't ever remember seeing three moons of Jupiter so close to it all at
once.  A fun night at the eyepiece, even with the seeing like looking
through a swimming pool!

Steve Coe

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org