[AZ-Observing] Re: Triple Shadow Transit Tonight

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 01:47:39 -0700

In the 6-inch in poor seeing, I catch 3 shadows and a moon at 01:10 and
thereabouts. It looks like 4 shadows, I'm supposing the moon is Ganymede.
Callisto's shadow seemed to hang on forever at the limb and stayed a notch
on the planet for 8-10 minutes before disappearing.

Setting up at the Scout Party at White Tanks Mtns was only me and Joe Macke,
and we got stuffed with meaty burros and the perennial Scout favorite, peach
cobbler. Joe's gotta work on his Pinewood Derby car tomorrow and I've
totally had it, all partied out. Plenty oohs and ahhs, 60-70 Scouts,
leaders, and parents.

Jack Jones
Public Events
Saguaro Astronomy Club