[AZ-Observing] Travel Northward this weekend....

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:22:08 -0700

We still have a couple of days, so this may all work out, but there is talk in
the news about the possible
closure of I-17 if the smoke gets too thick, or if the fire crews need it.
For those of us closer to the west side of town, there is 99th ave to Carefree
hwy, about a tenth of a mile west to New River Road.  This takes you into New
River, but not necessarily past the problem.  Another alternative is up through
Wickenburg to 89 into Prescott the "back way".  Won't save you any time, but
it'll get you there...Unless that part of the state burns down too.

It's pretty cruel that we get some clear skies this close to the monsoons, and
this happens.  Cruel indeed.

Thad