[AZ-Observing] Re: Trapezium Eclipsing Variable Star Light Curve

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 11:58:35 -0700

Check              http://www.aavso.org/vsx/index.php?view=detail.top&oid=24079

and                  http://www.astropix.com/HTML/B_WINTER/TRAPEZ.HTM

I'm curious why the interest?

Qrion has thousands of variable stars in it. What would be
interesting would be to follow it with filter photometry. MY plate is
pretty full right now so I can't devote instrument time to it. It
would be an easy CCD BVRI project, however. It might give a good idea
about the star colors and show different eclipse depths in different
bands.

Jeff

At 10:50 -0700 11/5/06, Tom Polakis wrote:
>At the last SAC meeting, Paul Dickson informed us of a favorable
>minimum of the eclipsing bnary star Theta 1 Orionis A in the
>Trapezium in the Orion Nebula.  Mid-eclipse occurs just after
>midnight on December 2, when the star will be magnitude 7.7.
>
>I wondered where I could find a good light curve that would describe
>how rapidly it fades and brightens.  I came up empty when I tried
>the AAVSO light curve generator, and Googling for images was equally
>fruitless.
>
>Tom
>
>--

Jeff Hopkins