[AZ-Observing] "Transparent Dome" Images of Arizona Observatory

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:34:15 -0400

I gave a club talk in Sierra Vista this past Friday night, and we stayed at=
 Dave Healy's house.  Dave runs Junk Bond Observatory using a 32" Ritchey-C=
hr=C3=A9tien telescope.  He agreed to take some nighttime images of his obs=
ervatory under the mostly cloudy sky.  By rotating the slit of the dome pas=
t the telescope during a long exposure, the telescope shows through, creati=
ng a sort of transparent dome effect.  The pictures are here.

http://www.pbase.com/polakis/junkbond0706

Tom