[AZ-Observing] Re: TouCams Available

  • From: "Matt Luttinen" <mluttinen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:32:10 -0700

Jeff and all:

You are correct: one of the "standard" ToUcam models, the PCVC730K, has =
<5
lux sensitivity, while the Pro has <1 lux. But the price is pretty good, =
so
it may work OK on bright stuff like Jupiter.=20

Specs for the PCVC730K, auf Deutsch:

http://www.pcp.ch/gfxart/1139/12036579.pdf

Oh, BTW, the ToUcam Pro II is out in Europe and Australia. I don't know =
the
difference between the  two. Here are links to the specs:

http://www.philips.be/Assets/Downloadablefile/LF_840-2368.pdf

http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c/ce/catalog/assets/downloads/en=
_pc
vc740k_lft.pdf

They look the same to me as far as pixel size and sensitivity, so there =
may
be no real advantage. But we will soon know, as I am sure astro-imagers =
are
adapting it at this moment . . .

Matt