[AZ-Observing] Re: Tonight's Eclipse: Go North

  • From: <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "" <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 11:27:24 -0700

Sam, that Kit Peak photo is excellent!

My daughter set her alarm for 5:30 am to catch the eclipse, and I awoke to the
sounds of her crashing into things in the dark house. So, we all got up, threw
on our heavy jackets, and drove away from the moon-blocking mass of Mt. Elden.
We watched the moon slip into shadow as dawn gradually hid it from view. The
belt of venus solidified along the western horizon to top off a beautiful event.

I uploaded a short video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1n8prfV6hM

Glad to hear clouds weren't as aggressive as they could have been further south.

Jeremy Perez
Flagstaff, AZ
www.beltofvenus.net