[AZ-Observing] Re: To Heck with the Monsoon and the Gas "Problem" and the California recall and everything else at Cherry Rd Saturday?

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:14:03 -0800

It is now 11 pm. I just opened the dome to cool down for some observing in a
half
hour or so. It looks like the weather service blew it again for the Prescott
area. It may get rainy or cloudy later, but at this moment, except for a small
section of the sky to the south about 10-15 degrees above the horizon, it is
completely clear. Due east to the Cherry Road site it is completely clear also.
If the weather service keeps forecasting doom and gloom, one of their forecasts
will eventually be correct. Maybe tomorrow is the night?

Earlier I said I would post the weather conditions at about 3 pm tomorrow. I am
not sure how much good this will do. On both days yesterday and today the sky
conditions were not good at all at 3 pm and one would have canceled an observing
session. I will post something tomorrow, but I think in the end you have to make
the decision yourself to chance it. And after all, it is a "The Heck with the
Monsoon Star Party".
Stan