[AZ-Observing] Titan's Shadow Tonight and Back In February

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 1:43:55 -0400

Despite really poor seeing, I took a sequence of Titan and its shadow on Saturn
tonight, just to be able to compare it to a similar sequence I did nearly four
months ago.  Tonight's animation is here.

http://www.pbase.com/polakis/image/113851365

Titan is barely visible at 1 o'clock, well ahead of and to the north of its
shadow

The February animation is here.

http://www.pbase.com/polakis/image/109539223

Titan follows its shadow onto the disk.