[AZ-Observing] Time for more political activism - Need your email by May 3rd

  • From: "Tom Mozdzen" <tjmozdzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 14:04:20 -0700

Got to ask good old Janet for one more of those Vetoes. Looks like
electronic billboards are back:

Email:   azgov@xxxxxx or go to  this link on her web site for a fill in box:

http://www.governor.state.az.us/post/feedback.asp
Fax: 602-542-1381  (or backup fax 602-542-7601)

RE:  Request to Veto  Billboard Bills SB 1193 and HB 2461

Dear Governor  Napolitano:

> Note:
>
> We need every dark-sky enthusiast to let their voices be heard in
> order to
> help save the night skies of the Arizona area. Remember, a lot of great
> astronomy is done in this state and through its many institutional,
> public
> and private observatories. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Clear DARK Skies,
> George Fleenor
>
> IDA/ISCP (International Dark-Sky  Association) IPS-Dark-Sky Florida-IDA
> _FloridaIDA@xxxxxxxx (javascript:void) _Jetson1959@xxxxxxxx

 Dear Billboard Watchers, Friends of Dark Skies  & Local Government
 Officials:

 The Arizona State Senate just passed SB  1193 on a final roll call
 vote by a

 margin of 16-14 (details below). The  bill will now go to the desk of
 Governor Janet Napolitano where our only  hope to preserve any
 meaningful billboard enforcement will be through her  veto. In Tucson
 particularly, this bill must be vetoed or else ten years of  community
effort on billboard enforcement will be down the drain. If  you have not
contacted Governor Napolitano yet, please do so no