[AZ-Observing] Re: Thunderbird Star Party

  • From: "Lucia Wheele" <nyclady@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 10:50:52 -0700

From: phxjeffx@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:24 PM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: Thunderbird Star Party

Counting Photons
Phoenix, Arizona
www.hposoft.com/Astro/astro.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, May 20, 2013 9:55 pm

I guess we'll have to call his appearance an unadvertised special. More
icing on the cake was the seeing was EXCELLENT! I was splitting tight
Spring double stars with ease in my 100mm refractor. It was supporting
60X/inch. I got almost a dozen "That's not Saturn, that's a slide!"
comments too. Thanks everyone for coming out and volunteering your time,
talents, and equipment for such a great cause.
Jack