[AZ-Observing] Re: Thunderbird Park Star Party Fall 07

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:52:18 -0700

It cleared up towards 12 am and I observed 6 or 8 Orionids in about 20
minutes, long (~90 deg) fast with persistent trails and very bright. A couple
looked like they left smoke trails but I didn't go get the binos to check
them. I wonder if there were more per hour towards dawn.

I think there was a disconnect in the admin dept of Glendale the city and
Glendale the Parks & Rec Dept, and one ranger wasn't at the daily briefing or
wasn't paying attention. He may have been new, because he kept asking me for
my "paperwork" and we've never had to have any paperwork. Once his Supv showed
up all was fine, but I was a little rattled. Thanks to all who came! (And
thanks for packing up promptly by 10!)

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club