[AZ-Observing] This weekend

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:25:30 -0700

Howdy all;

AJ and I talked on the phone last night and made plans for this weekend.
Neither of us want to try and find a spot in the high country with so many road
closings.  I picture the rangers closing a road back to an observing location
just as you roll up after a 2 hour drive.  Also, neither of us want to try and
make through a 110 degree day trying to camp out in the hot desert.

So, we are going to do 2 nights of observing with some air conditioned sleeping
in between.  We will go to Flatiron for Friday night, observe as long as we can
stay up, then tear down the scopes, drive back into town to sleep in our own
beds during the day.  Leaving the scopes in the vehicles, we will drive to
Eagle Eye for Saturday night and observe there for a more dark sky Saturday
observing session.  That is the plan.  If you would like to join us, we would
love to have you drop by.

Take care;
Steve

stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx