[AZ-Observing] They come in threes

  • From: "Ken Sikes" <KGSikes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ Observing List" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 10:43:04 -0700

Well as the subject says things happen threes, Jimmy  Ray, Steve Coe, and I
guess I make three
The group I was in was not that far from Jimmy when his scope went over and
about 1/2 hours latter one of our Orion 8" Intelescope took a tumble, lucky
there was not ton much damage, loss of collimation and a slight dent on the end
of the tube. About 4:30 as we were sitting under the canopy that was (yes was)
attached to my tent trailer was ripped of by a gust of wind and as I jumped up
to grab the edge of it the metal end that holds the poles sliced the palm of my
left hand. It was not deep, just inconvenient when trying to bandage it. We
were lucky no one was hurt.

That put aside, seems that all had a good time.

Ken Sikes