[AZ-Observing] Re: The stunning images and movies of the Swedish one meter solar telescope

  • From: "Spencer, Darrell" <DSpencer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:18:28 -0700

It would seem to me, that to an extent, this is true of anything we view
through amateur astronomical equipment.  The "thrill of seeing something
in real time" is a huge driving force, whether it be a Jovian moon
transit, a supernova or solar dynamics.

But, as you've said, the real difference here is that decent solar gear
ain't cheap.  And its application is generally for a single object.

So, how much is that thrill worth?

Darrell Spencer