[AZ-Observing] Re: The Sun on SunDay

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 10:03:51 -0700

On 7/18/2011 9:25 AM, Stan Gorodenski wrote:
> It is very interesting that you can get such good images using the 5x
> barlow. The third from the bottom is very nice, and with a 40mm
> Coronado! It makes one wonder if there is any real advantage in getting
> a larger aperture one, such as the 90mm, if one is not doing serious
> research.

I couldn't think of the right words at the time and so I used the word
'research' which is was not quite appropriate because 90mm is still a
relatively small solar telescope. What I was trying to say is "It makes
one wonder if the increase in resolution or detail justifies the cost of
going to a larger aperture one, such as the 90mm Coronado."
Stan