[AZ-Observing] Re: The Sun Today - Lots to see!

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 06:38:41 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244

Thanks, Chris, very cool (or should I say Hot!) imagery of the sun.

I was curious about the performance of the 5x Barlow and it sure seems to do
the job. I wanted to use something that would give me a little more oomph when
examining the moon, planets, or close double stars. We've been having some good
seeing that would seem to tolerate a good amount of magnification.

Are you doing eyepiece projection to get the images and what is the resulting
f/ratio? You must have to increase your exposure time quite a bit when going
from x2 to x5 Barlow to get a good exposure. How quickly in succession do you
have to take the images before the granulation or prominences change their
position? Thanks!

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)