[AZ-Observing] The Leonids

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:40:08 -0800

Because the Leonids this year occur during the work week I imagine there
will not be many wanting to stay up all night to see them, especially
since it is estimated to be, at best, only 15-20/hr. However, I will be
up here, near Prescott, at 5200 ft. ele. observing, or trying to. Anyone
interested in joining me is welcome. Any company will help keep me awake
and observing. It should be a nice cool evening. The forecast by the
Phoenix NOAA is partly cloudy throughout the week, but it is difficult
to know what the effect will be on the night of the 16th-17th. I doubt
anyone will be interested in making the trip up here to the colder high
country near the middle of the work week, but if you intend to come up
please let me know in a private email.
Stan